The simple fact of the matter is that Twitter is one of the fastest growing websites on the planet, so if you are not already using twitter, the odds are you will be using it sooner or later, so lets start off right with some quick tips make sure you get the most out of your titter experience.
This article is to teach new twitter users and show people who are new to twitter what what to do and what not to do while on twitter. The twitter network is very simple, yet to many it is a very confusing social network to be involved in. There are only a few things that can be done, but it seems like vast universe for such a simple one, over at twitter.
So we are going to get right into it and start talking about how to tweet better, for those newbies a “tweet” simply refers to a twitter message.
Tweet Tips – Quick Twitter Tips To Help You Tweet Right
1. Never Spam!Spam is just as much of a problem on twitter as it is in email, most people don’t think about it though. There has been more than one occasion that I have noticed a new follower of mine, followed them back and then went over to check out there profile to see what they are about, just to find the same message sent about a hundred times! This is not what twitter is about. If you are using twitter to promote a website or affiliate program and you would like to draw attention to it, there are other ways of doing it. So don’t be a twit, put your web address in your profile for all to see and mark a few choice tweets with your link in it as a favorite!
2. Add Value To Every TweetIf you are only talking to a few friends on twitter, there is nothing wrong with sending tweets about what you are doing, or where you are at, or simple stuff. After all that is part of the fun of twitter, is staying in touch and up to date with all you friends. However many people are using twitter for business and in this case, nobody cares how many times you visited the john today or what you ate at McDonald’s. However, if you are using twitter to attract new customers and drive traffic to a web site, you must add value to each tweet to give you account a good presence. By this I mean, give folks messages with meat, give links to good quality content, resources and freebies. This will make you look like a professional and will draw people into looking into what you are doing more seriously.
3. Reply To All Direct Messages On TwitterI have ran into a lot of people who didn’t even know that you can send direct messages on twitter and I think that this is one of the most exciting parts of the twitter network. You can send a message to anybody you want on twitter as long as you are mutually following each other, by adding the at symbol “@” right before there user name. You will find your direct messages on the right side of your twitter home page. So don’t be a jerk, take time to reply to all messages and keep in contact with your twitter followers.
4. Follow Back, It’s Easy and Has Twitter Benefits Twitter changed the way many other social networks on the web function, by giving the option to follow somebody who does not follow you back. Historically everybody who wanted to be friends had to both accept each other as friends, but not on twitter. So once an a while check your followers and follow the ones back that are only following you. This will let people know that you are not a robot and you are actually interested in what they are doing on twitter and what they are talking about on twitter.
5. Share News Stories, Videos and Great ContentIt doesn’t seem like I can think of a person who does not like to know news before it happens. You know that guy in the office who always says “yea I heard that yesterday” when you bring up some topical news? I am sure you do, so don’t be afraid to share popular news articles or breaking news links, people love it. This is a great way to keep the tweets coming and to keep all your tweeple up to date with whats going on in the world. I suggest checking digg or your favorite social bookmarking site for some new stories.Videos are also a great teaser on twitter, everybody loves videos or any other powerful content. Don’t send a tweet every time you update a page, but if you write a great article, make sure to share it too!
Well that’s all for now, we will be updating this hub on a regular basis so make sure to check back for updates. We hope our quick twitter tips help you have a better twitter experience.